Saturday, July 24, 2010

zaterdag 24 juli 2010

zaterdag 24 juli 2010 Awake 6:20. I can't believe that I slept in this morning. Yeah! Rice and a couple fried eggs for breakfast. Turn on BBC News. Talk about the results of the EU stress tests. A total of 91 banks from across Europe were tested. Report - Seven EU Banks Fail Stress Tests. It seems the tests may have raised more questions than they have answered. Switch to KEXP for Mind Over Matters. Listen to CounterSpin. Thomas Ferguson talks about the Wall St. Reform Bill. The University of Massachusetts professor is very un-impressed with it. Walk up to Trader Joe's to get some coffee filters, Blood Orange Italian Soda, chips and zesty guacamole. Drop off stuff at home. Bike over to Westlake Station. Train down to Columbia City. Columbia City is worlds away from Seattle downtown congestion and the high rises. I need a change of scenery. A little vid about the windows made by - my old friend - Juan Alonso for the Columbia City Station.


Bike by an Extended-Stay Hotel - The Shirley Marvin.
Ride down to Seward Park but I don't ride the loop. I rest at the hub and listen to Wait, Wait. I love listening to the radio in the shade of the big trees. I relax and laugh listening to Craig Finn - the lead singer of 'The Hold Steady' - play Not My Job. He gets all 3 questions about the research that went into the first space flights right. Wow! Lots of ships in the lake.
Back up Ferdinand. Cute little purple kids' tree house on top of the house.

I wander up and down the avenues. It's interesting to see some houses totally enveloped by gardens. I barely make the train back to d'town. The driver held for me. Thank you, Sound Transit.

Walk and ride back to my place. I shower! I'm sweaty and stinky. Walk up to Whole Foods for some lunch - Tandoori chicken and coconut rice. Turn on KUOW. It's Rick Steves' program. Road Food experts Jane and Michael Stern offer new tips for digging into local specialties. Watch France 24. The Week In The Maghreb. There's usually something about The Kingdom of Morocco. Seven years after Morocco's satanic-music trial, the alternative music scene in the North African country is alive and kicking.

Watch Jeremiah: The Long Road, Part 2. Jeremiah and Kurdy make their way towards Thunder Mountain, hoping to find whoever Simon was working for. And... Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass.



Watch some digital shorts from Saturday Night Live like J*** In My Pants.

Clean Up On Aisle 3

No comments:

Post a Comment