Friday, July 26, 2019

vrijdag 26 juli 2019

vrijdag 26 juli 2019 Midnight movie - MST3K: Hercules and The Captive Women. It's nice that Gypsy joins the gang in the theater. She soon discovers that the movie is really lame and decides to leave.
It's stage 19 for the TDF2019. Oh my! It breaks my heart to watch Thibault Pinot. 💔 He's having problems with his left leg. After an arm round the shoulder from a teammate, he’s done. A sad, sad end.
My brain goes to Paris again. I'm finishing A Year In Paris by John Baxter. He talks about his home on the Carrefour de l'Odéon with the paulownia tree. I like the flower boxes with geraniums. Into to town on my bike. I get a swing in Tappan Square. It's a warm 83°F and partly sunny. Catrina's looks cool. Some day.
Over to the OPL to give back some things. I take a chair and read a little bit of The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump. Power not only corrupts but also magnifies existing psychopathologies, even as it creates new ones. Fostered by the flattery of underlings and the chants of crowds, a political leader’s grandiosity may morph into grotesque delusions of grandeur. Our Witness to Malignant Normality. It is a "Duty To Warn" indeed... I just can't read it! I put the book away.
I guess stage 16 had more drama. I didn't watch it to the end. On France 24 - Egan Bernal takes the yellow jersey from Julian Alaphilippe. Dinner and a movie - Noodles with curried lentils and Ay tuta mishka Jabba du Hutt?... Return of the Jedi. That kooky Palpatine!

No comments:

Post a Comment