Friday, October 7, 2011

vrijdag 7 oktober 2011

vrijdag 7 oktober 2011 Up at 4:25. Turn on BBC. Listen to Business Daily - Europe's Not Working. Rising unemployment is at its worst in Spain, where nearly half of the country's under-25s are out of work. Listen to the Spanish youths who now fully expect to have to emigrate just to get a job. Watch some KOMO News... just for the weather. Hard boiled egg and red skin potatoes for breakfast. Up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's exquisite coffee. Walk in the light rain back to my place. Turn on Stephanie Miller. There's a lot of buzz about Lawrence O'Donnell's interview with Herman Cain. O'Donnell is very challenging. Cain's 9-9-9 is doubtful.

Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD) calls into the show to talk about President Obama’s American Jobs Act. Concerns over Wall Street practices and economic inequality that have led to sit-ins and rallies in New York and elsewhere reverberated up to the White House on Thursday, with President Barack Obama saying the protesters are expressing the frustrations of the American public.

Shower. Before I head to work, I watch Stargate SG-1: Prometheus Unbound. The character Vala is a lot of fun. She does her best to beat the daylights out of Michael Shanks, and he was a very good sport. She's sassy. She's intelligent. She's manipulative. She's very hard and mercurial.
Streetcar to work. I asked for the day off, but I was put on the wait list. They arrange for me to leave early - 1 PM. I help Cristin and Olivia for the Starfish photo session. It goes quickly. Sharon and I take 5 of them out to the playground. I'm glad that it's not raining anymore, but the sand is really wet in the sandbox. So, the kids love playing in it. 11 - Olivia's lunch. Some Starfish go inside for diapers. I stay outside with the rest. then, we go inside for diapers. Gloria does lunch prep. 12 - Anne's lunch. I eat my rice and black beans with the 8 Seahorses. They're tired and goofy. We try to keep them organized. We skip story time to settle down early for nap time. 1 - Bye, bye kids. I manage to catch the 1 o'clock streetcar. Ride up to Denny. Shop at Whole Foods for coffee, brown rice and wine. Drop off stuff at my place. Change my clothes. Run up to #404 to get my jacket which I forgot. Caui is resting on the dining room table. My best photo of her! She's very cute. And tickets to the Erasure concert. Cool cat!
Walk around the d'town. I have an issue... helicopters hovering above Westlake Center. Who are you? What do you want?
I need to check it out. Besides, the helicopter... which is either news or police... It just hovers.

Politics and integrity need integration. I am concerned for my Seattlite brother and sisters. I see police getting their coffee at Starbucks, 10 of them in their riot gear sitting together at a couple tables... gearing up for the various protests. I don't know if I want the police to be caffeinated today. I'm praying. Please. Don't hurt the 99%.

No comments:

Post a Comment