Tuesday, May 15, 2018

dinsdag 15 mei 2018

dinsdag 15 mei 2018 Turn on France 24. It's Cannes 2018! Who will win the Palme d'Or this year? The Directors' Fortnight (French: Quinzaine des Réalisateurs) is an independent section held in parallel to the Cannes Film Festival. It has its roots in the period of social unrest in France in 1968 established to protect “the artistic, moral, professional and economic freedoms of cinema.” Jack Jenkins - reporter for Religion News Service - is on Bill Press to talk about politics and religion. Evangelicals, Gaza in flames and all of the chaos around #JerusalemEmbassy.
Seattle City Council agreed to tax big businesses making more than $20 million a year in revenue to pay for homelessness services and affordable housing. So, the "head tax" is reality. Maybe they could give me some of that money so I could relocate to Seattle... my old home. Pins on Renny Reep's hat. Tax the rich! Tax Amazon!
Next... the apocalyptic drama The Rain. I only watched the first episode, and I don't exactly feel compelled to watch any more. Starved for oxygen, Simone and Rasmus escape the bunker. I hope that Rasmus can find some clothes... Is it a priority?
Back in the 80s in Seattle, a boy friend was crazy about a new-found group - U2. I got The Joshua Tree album. I loved it so much! (I still have the dusty old cassette.) I still love you, U2!

No comments:

Post a Comment