Wednesday, April 27, 2022

woensdag 27 april 2022

woensdag 27 april 2022 Many bad memories from the 1999 WTO protests in Seattle. The movie Battle in Seattle still upsets me. The movie is too real! But I watch it for Channing Tatum's 42nd birthday. He plays a badass Seattle police officer who goes undercover as a civilian... and gets himself banged up by his brethren police.
My old apartment building - The Cambridge - is on the map in the movie. Yep! I was right in the middle of that war!
Next on my list of Star Trek episodes... A Private Little War. An Eden-like planet becomes a war-zone. Weapons and guns equal tragedy. It seems that when war comes, even the biggest weapons are no actual defense... not even a little defense. War poisons everything. The biggest tragedy for me is when a pacifist Tyree is eventually transformed into a bloodthirsty warrior.
Why Is Peace So Hard? Treasonel... Are you a congresswoman struggling to remember whether you incited a deadly insurrection? Have you forgotten who's executions you've called for? Have you left the house and forgotten to turn off your Jewish Space Laser? Now there's help with prescription Treasonel. Thank you, Jimmy Kimmel, for making me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment