Wednesday, June 13, 2018

woensdag 13 juni 2018

woensdag 13 juni 2018 Midnight - Sense8: Amor Vincit Omnia. Since I'm back at my apartment, there are no cats to wake me up with their wet, rough tongues. (Just the normal noises of the trucks, the neighbors upstairs and my insomniac roommate.) It's a drizzly morning. Turn on The Takeaway. Listening to a fascinating segment - What Happens to Young Children Torn From Their Parents? They talk about the situation of immigrants seeking asylum in the US and when children are separated from their parents. The emotional impact on parents and children must be enormous! They interview pediatrician Dr. Colleen Kraft about the effects of toxic stress on a child's body and brain. Think of the emotional and developmental damage being done to these poor kids! Horrible!
Down to the library to browse. The cover of Time magazine catches my eye. Let's read it! Trump is dressed as a king.

No comments:

Post a Comment