Tuesday, August 13, 2013

dinsdag 13 augustus 2013

dinsdag 13 augustus 2013 This day marks the start of the Berlin Wall Timeline - 1961. On this day in history - The Berlin border between East and West Berlin is closed. Up at 2:04. Watch RT News. RT invites a panel of guests for an in-depth discussion - Sochi Olympics Boycott: Hysteria or legitimate protest? Martyn Andrews - RT Arts and Culture Correspondent - talks about the cultural differences of London and Moscow. Konstantin Yablotsky - Carrying The Torch For LGBT Sports - is against a boycott. Switch to Netflix to watch From Russia With Love. I manage to doze back to sleep in the middle. Snack on left-overs for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Lots of talk about the NYC's "Stop 'n Frisk" policy. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people are stopped, interrogated, searched and humiliated by the NYPD for doing nothing more than walking to the subway, going to school or leaving work. Of course, Laura Ingraham has her unique point of view. Lots of people call into the show with the personal experiences of racial profiling by police. Walk up Westlake to work. Planning time for the Dolphin teachers. Everyone is coated with sunscreen. We visit the Toddler and Infant playgrounds. Lots of fascinating truck activity on the streets. The kids eat well at lunchtime. Not all of the kids are asleep when I head over to the Seahorses for their lunchtime. Pam reads a few stories while the kids eat. It's goes very orderly. Awesome, kids. Back again to Dolphins. They sleep well through the hour. I'm supposed to go to Summer Camp, but the campers are not back yet from their trip to the zoo. I set out their mats... and I wait, wait, wait. Finally, they pop up. What's new at the zoo? Say hello to the tallest baby in town. Mom Olivia FINALLY gave birth on Aug. 6 at 7:03 p.m. The nearly 6-foot-tall baby giraffe is standing, nursing, and stealing hearts already. Streetcar to d'town. Drop off stuff at my place. Short walk up and down Pike Street while listening to NPR. I like their Cosmos And Culture segment: Stars Define Our Place In The Universe - How To Fall Forever Into The Night Sky. Right now I just see the clear blue sky and a very bright sun. But I understand... For our Sun is a star. Like all stars, they are all suns - vast spheres of thermonuclear burning gas. When I get home, I turn on my Star Walk app on my iPad. It's pointing fairly close to the Pluto System.

No comments:

Post a Comment