Tuesday, April 1, 2014

dinsdag 1 april 2014

dinsdag 1 april 2014 Up at 3:17. Turn on BBC. It's BBC Freedom 2014 LIVE. Music, poetry readings and very personal stories. One case which catches my attention... The Bahraini journalist and blogger Ali Abdulemam was imprisoned and tortured for his writing, but he used his imagination to escape. In his mind, he would visit the places he missed - the old roads in his village, the cemetery, the trees, the green. Above all, he liked to imagine he was playing with his twin daughters, who were five months old when he was captured.
Bologna and salsa sandwich with slices of avocado for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. She interviews race car driver and environmental activist Leilani Munter - The Carbon Free Girl - about running cars on electricity. During the show they discuss the UN Report About Climate Change. The impacts of global warming are likely to be "severe, pervasive and irreversible." Walk past a newspaper box on my way to work. The mudslide affects us all. They identified more victims.
Busy day at work. We're understaffed again... and an inspection is underway. In any case, I'm with the groups I'm most familiar. (Thank you!) The Dolphins and Sea Otters mingle on the playground. Inside, we have a little art project. Just markers on paper. The Dolphins are really focused. I do a circle time while Anne sets up the lunches. I'm nervous while I'm observed by Early Achievers, but the kids are with me. One kid gets upset with me when I stop reading books. I rather do Row-Row-Row-Your-Boat. I get to eat my lunch with the kids. Over to Sea Otters. Lunch, diapers and naps. Nice to rub their backs as they doze off. I get to relax, too. Walk down to Denny. Catch a #8 up to Capitol Hill. Walk around the neighborhood. I find the amazing Mysterious Coke Machine... I don't buy anything, but it seems to be working for people.
It really works! No fooling! Walk around the residential areas. Major new developments. I'm glad that the trees are saved during construction. All the trees are in bloom. Lovely walk down to my place. Watch KOMO News. Thanks for the April Fool's prank. Dicks Drive-Ins delivery by drone. What better way to get a Dick’s Deluxe Burger than if it was delivered straight to your door? SWEET! My dinner is different.
Fried chicken and herbed potatoes. Watch movie - Gladiator. Sword-play, defiance, freedom... and more. Don't like Roman politics. SORRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment