Friday, December 7, 2012

torstai 6. joulukuuta. 2012

torstai 6. joulukuuta. 2012 It's Independence Day, Finland. Since 1917. In Finnish, it's Suomen itsenäisyyspäivä. Your Independence Day used to be a very solemn occasion... not for celebration. Difficult circumstances of history, you know. World War I, Russia, civil war... It was tough to get independence.
Up with alarm. The news is fun this morning. Lighting up! A crowd of media and marijuana enthusiasts gather at the base of Space Needle for the great Smoke Out at Midnight. Photo: LINDSEY WASSON / SEATTLEPI.COM
Aubergine omelet and sweet potato fries for breakfast. Streetcar to work. Busy with lots of breaks. Busy with the Seahorses while I cover Kenn's lunch. I do the lunch prep and all the diapers. Over to Sea Otters. Kathy is with me. I try to have a nice quiet story time, but they're rowdy. Kathy does the diapers. They're all asleep in 5 minutes. An extra teacher helps us. Nice. It's quiet for a little while. We have some early risers. I take them to the Bike Room. Streetcar to d'town. Drop off stuff at my place. I'm feeling tired up, but I go down to the bus stop and take a #10 to B'way. Visit the UPS store to get The Box... The Xmas Box. Walk down Pike to my place. Watch KOMO News. What an historic, thrilling day! I heard some extended interviews on KUOW this morning with these couples. I see that Seattle columnist and gay rights activist Dan Savage and his partner, Terry Miller, are in line. Salmon salad sandwich for dinner. Watch Star Trek - Conscience Of The King. Asleep before the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment