Saturday, July 21, 2018

zaterdag 21 juli 2018

zaterdag 21 juli 2018 Orphaned teenager Wade Owen Watts (born August 12, 2027) is our virtual avatar, real hero in the movie Ready Player One. Wade names his OASIS character Parzival after Percival, the Arthurian knight famous for his quest for the Holy Grail.
So much music from the 70s and 80s. I wonder if the youngsters in the audience would appreciate the references. They give us You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates at the end. A leisurely bike ride to the Granary Building on the downtown Bellingham waterfront. I have the beach to myself... except one heron bird. What is it staring at?
The Acid Ball is over 438,000 pounds. Pose! Everyone seems curious about it. How did they move this thing? Check out this YouTube video by some B'ham officials... The Bellingham Acid Ball Move.
I seem to mourn a little when I finish a book... a really good book. But I need to give back Michael Dyson's What Truth Sounds Like. What I gathered is that Truth sounds bold, courageous, sometimes disruptive... but mostly humanitarian. The book looks into the lives of historical persons like Martin Luther King Jr., Robert F. Kennedy, James Baldwin. Dyson explains how today Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James and many more carry the words of truth forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment