Saturday, July 21, 2012

vrijdag 20 juli 2012

vrijdag 20 juli 2012 Up with alarm. Yakisoba and fried egg for breakfast. Greasy meal, indeed. Watch KOMO News. Sad news from Colorado. A gunman wearing a gas mask set off an unknown gas and fired into a crowded movie theater in suburban Denver at a midnight opening of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," Killing 12 People And Injuring At Least 50 Others, authorities said. Turn on Stephanie Miller. It's all about James Holmes, guns, violence, police reports, eye-witness accounts, rumors, hear-say, etc. We need to put out as much kindness as possible on this day. I need George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace). I'm all worked up about the news, so I really need to walk. It's pouring down rain on my way to work. Oops. My left foot steps in a puddle.
First, an hour of planning time for Cristin. The 4 Dolphins greet me by latching on to me. Mr. Darby makes a surprise appearance. He's always fun with his happy guitar and banjo. He always does a little improvisation. 11 - Patty's lunch. The 5 Sea Otters are not a happy group. It's been a tough week for them. Lunch time was barely 15 minutes. That's not normal. 12 - Cristin's lunch. Back over to Dolphins. We just hang out and play. 1 - Sharon's lunch. (Where's Toni?) Only 4 Seahorses. They're sleeping... except for one defiant. Kenn and I take turn dealing with the situation. Finally, peace and quiet. 2 - Charmaine's lunch. Two Sea Otters wake up. We color with crayons nand play with cars. At last, it's time to go. Walk up Mercer. Cars are stuck in traffic. (I can see what you're doing in there.) I feel that it's a Mercer Street version of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. "Black car, blue car, old car, new car. This one has a little star. This one is a little car. Say! What a lot of cars there are." Shop at Met Market. The trusty ol' #18 takes me d'town. Put my Finlandia away in the freezer. Watch some KOMO News. I feel for the owner of Cafe Racer. He must be suffering Deja Vu today. Strength and courage, my friends. Whew! Short walk up Pine to the Egyptian Theater and back down Pike. Wow. Two old guys - one with a tuba and one with a synthesizer - are playing Nirvana's It Smells Like Team Spirit at Pillars Park. Fantastic!  It draws a few people.  "No, I don't have a gun."  That's Come As You Are.
Back at my place. Salmon salad and rice for dinner. Watch France 24. Britain's Mark Cavendish claims victory in the 18th stage of the Tour de France. Tour favorite Bradley Wiggins crossing the finish line seconds later and keeps the Yellow Jersey. France 24 also covers the news of the shootings in Colorado. The Paris premiere of the new Batman movie “The Dark Knight Rises” was canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment