Tuesday, April 16, 2013

dinsdag 16 april 2013

dinsdag 16 april 2013 Yelling down on Union Street wakes me up at 1 o'clock in the morning. Restless. Turn on BBC News for the latest about the Bombing In Boston. People from all over the world are calling in to give their sympathies and reactions... even from Russia. Report - Russians were not injured in Boston Marathon blasts. Watch WLS News. Runners from Chicago are trying to make their way back home. Brave Conan... The show must go on. Ham and onion omelet with toast for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Steph interviews Boston-based Charlie Pierce - The Marathon Bombings. In honor of runners all over the world, I'm wearing my Kent State Golden Flashes shirt. I understand that Kent State's track and field is strong. Go, Flashes! Walk up Westlake to work. Spend lots of time outside with various groups. The weather is fine. Inside to mingle with the Ducklings for a couple hours. Lunchtime is a little messy, but naps are very easy. We talk about the bombings in Boston. Over to Seahorses. They're sleeping. With that, I leave the sleeping kids to go home. Streetcar to d'town. Listen to NPR. It's breaking my heart. Melissa Block talks to Boston Globe columnist Kevin Cullen about the mood in Boston the day after the attack at the marathon - 'Sadness And Defiance' The Mood In Boston After Attacks. Take a deep breath. The sun beckons me. Take a short walk around the neighborhood. People are avoiding eye contact with me. Faces cast down. Well then. I'm dwelling on the news. I'm sure no one wants to think about the terrible things that happened in Boston, but everyone thinks about it. People are walking their dogs and taking their jogs... eyes cast down. And it's a beautiful warm, sunny day for running. I wish... Home again. Spaghetti carbonara for dinner. I'm tired. As a Boston boy, Martin, puts it...

No comments:

Post a Comment