Saturday, November 14, 2009

zaterdag 14 november 2009

zaterdag 14 november 2009 Up at 4:10. Look into the wrong clock. I believe it's really 5:10. Oh My GOD! I get ready for Reggio Day. Rice with beans and a fried egg for breakfast. Bath. 7:15 - I'm out the door, going down to 801 Tower Caffe Ladro. I catch the 7:45 #358 bus up to Shoreline. There are quite a few people on the bus. The bus drops me off at North 165th. I am in Shoreline, WA. It's a bit chilly. Walk up and down the streets to Shoreline Children's Center. Am I too early? Not really. There's already a line to register for the conference. This is going to be big.

We discuss various Reggio concepts - Child As Protagonist, Environment As Teacher, Teacher As Partner, Nurturer and Guide. The Opal School Of Portland does a presentation of a long-term project about wild animals. So COOL! After lunch, we get a tour around the center. We admire their huge playground. The director/atelierista - Patritia Hunter McGrath - of the Blueberry Atelier presents her Welcome To New York City project. Also very cool. Tania gives me a ride home. Thank you, Tanya. I'm home by 4:00. Eat my turkey sandwich (which I packed for my lunch) for dinner. Watch movie - The Fall. What a stunningly visual movie.
The fist story is about Alexander The Great, but Alexandria doesn't like it.

Roy starts with a new epic which really engages the child. Roy becomes the Masked Bandit...

Along the epic journey, they meet the warmongering mystic.

The evil Governor Odious kidnapped, tortured, and hung the Masked Bandit's brother.

The mystic eats a poisonous map. The map appears on his body.

The bandit falls in love. But one--by-one, the heroes in Roy's story die... and he tries to kill himself.

Alexandria joins the story to save the bandit and Roy. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment