Thursday, January 26, 2012

donderdag 26 januari 2012

donderdag 26 januari 2012 Up with alarm. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Newt Gingrich promised Wednesday on Florida’s space coast to create a moon colony by 2020 if elected president. The former House speaker said the current space program in the country is a “tragedy” and believes his “grandiose” ideas can help fix it. Steph and the mooks make fun of that idea. We have some infrastructure to fix here on Earth first. And lots of talk about the controversial Jan Brewer - Obama Face Off.
Blue cheese omelet and potatoes for breakfast. Shower. Before I leave for work, I watch National Geographic: Great Inca Rebellion. As I walk toward the streetcar stop, I see the top story in the Seattle Times.

'Mercer Mess' about to get even messier


Seattle streetcar to work. That 9:30 train is always packed. It dumps off a lot of people at Amazon. Then I can get a seat. I'm with the 8 Dolphins at 10. Planning time for Charmaine and Patty. Kenn covers for Patty. Oh! FIRE DRILL! It's been a while for me. Over to Seahorses. They're having free play. I make flowers out of connector wheels. One of the kids is sick and inconsolable. She goes home. I can finally relax at nap time. Whew! At least, the Seahorses like to sleep. One of the Starfish wakes up with a fever. Are we going to have another plague? Streetcar to Denny. Walk around d'town in the sunshine. Drop off stuff at home. Turn on KIRO. Shooting in South Seattle. He's just a 15-year-old kid. Huge response.
The boy is transported to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition. The suspect can't be found. Switch to Hardball. Tunafish salad on toast for dinner. I'm feeling homesick for Ohio. I'm looking through the family reunion photos of 2003. Vermilion. The beach. It was beautiful.

Flashback to my old friend Jim who taught me some Russian. Jim's family was Russian. Great guy. We are friends - Мы друзья. Hello, comrade - Здравствулте!, камрад. He worked on the beach, and we talked. Miss you, too - товарищ. I could use a walk on the beach. Bean Burrito for dinner. Watch Hardball and then Being Human.

No comments:

Post a Comment