Saturday, June 9, 2012

zaterdag 9 juni 2012

zaterdag 9 juni 2012 Up at 6:06. Morning movie - War Of The Worlds (2005). Great scene where the Bayonne Bridge is in an attack by aliens. And where Justin Chatwin (Robbie) runs away to join the army. "I need to be here. I want to see this." Chili on rice for breakfast. Listen to Eat The State. Then Wait, Wait. White House Chef Sam Kass Plays Not My Job. Sam Kass is invited to play a quiz about three things that are really, really bad for you. Walk up 7th, through the Seattle Center, up to Met Market. Get some Meadowkaas Spring Gouda Cheese (made from cow's milk in Rouveen, Holland), some of their delicious beet salad and Batch 206 vodka. #8 bus to Westlake. Streetcar to d'town. Drop off my stuff. Continue with my terrorizing alien invasion series. Watch The Twilight Zone - To Serve Man. Turn on The Hawaiian Radio Connection. Like magic. I'm surfing. I love my radio. Next is Rick Steves' program. He interviews a guy about Zanzibar, Tanzania. The people of Zanzibar are of diverse ethnic origins. He says hakuna matata. Then Abruzzo. A native of small town Italy explains the uncrowded appeal of Abruzzo in the rugged Apennine mountains. "Strong and Gentle." Forte e gentile. Si! Catch the blue train. Places never been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment