Thursday, May 2, 2013

woensdag 1 mei 2013

woensdag 1 mei 2013 Restless night. Strange dreams. Happy International Workers' Day. Interesting - IBM Creates Atomic Sized Movie By Manipulating Single Atoms. Behold, A Boy And His Atom. Salmon salad sandwich for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Minnesota Viking Kicker and straight ally Chris Kluwe calls in to talk about Jason Collins, the first gay professional athlete to come out. He was on The Cycle last night... along with the S. I. reporter Jon Wertheim.
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Check Seattle's Interactive map for May Day 2013. Lots going on today. Walk up to Denny and catch a #40 bus to Mercer. Kill a little time in SLU. We take care of the mighty Sea Otters. They seem really involved with the sun-screening process - the smell of it, the textures and rubbing it on the skin. We share the playground with various groups. I make a disgusted face when I find sunscreen under my fingernails, and one of the Starfish noticed. "Long, stinky fingernails," he comments. Do the kids think that I'm Abiyoyo? He had long fingernails, 'cause he never cut 'em. Thanks! You made my day, kids! (No. Really. You made my day.) Then one of the kids politely suggests to me, "We should have a water break outside." Of course, I need to go fetch the water bottles because I forgot. Some emotions about heading inside. We settle down for lunch. Over to Seahorses. Everyone sleeps. Just one Mister No Nap. Streetcar to Denny. I walk the rest of the way home. Change clothes. I try to walk to Cal Anderson Park, but I sense some "energy" developing. May Day events converge and traffic is getting bad. On this day just a year ago, I remember the violence and mayhem unleashed in the streets of downtown Seattle. It's peaceful... so far. I love seeing the Free Cascadia flag. Back to my place. I need the rest anyway. Chili spaghetti for dinner. I'm too tired to keep up with the news. But a peaceful demonstration descends into violence... and I'm sleeping through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment