Wednesday, May 8, 2013

woensdag 8 mei 2013

woensdag 8 mei 2013 Up at 2:52. I love the Saul Bass Google Doodle. Watch MST3K - Lost Continent. Joel refuses to go into the theater and gets a shock to the shammies. Fried egg sandwich for breakfast. Watch KOMO News. Report - Mayor Announces 'Weapons to Words' Program. Seattle’s gun buyback program earlier this year took 750 weapons out of circulation. Mayor Mike McGinn is determined to put those firearms to peaceful purposes. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Of course, they talk about Cleveland. After three women who vanished a decade ago were found captive Monday at a peeling, rundown house, Cleveland police are facing questions about their handling of missing-person cases and are conducting an internal review to see if they overlooked anything. I'm having flashbacks to those days when I lived in Cleveland - Collinwood, Lakewood, Shaker Heights. Walk up Westlake to Denny. Lucky to catch a #62 bus up to Mercer. Running a little late. Nice potluck for Misti's last day. I'm with the Sea Otters. We get the puzzles down. They seem good about sharing the puzzles but not about sharing me... Mike. The clouds never burn off this morning, yet the kids are wearing sunscreen. Lots of it. The kids seem a bit frantic. I need to watch them all the time so that they don't get into trouble. It's a relief when my break shows up. I join them for a rather leisurely lunch. I love their chat. Over to Seahorses for nap time. Better today than yesterday. Finally, back to Sea Otters. They're good little nappers. Streetcar to d'town. Drop off stuff. Beautiful day for a walk. It's nice until... BOOM! A van runs a red light and slams right into a #47 bus. Pike & Boren. One of the most dangerous intersections in Seattle. (Scares the crap out of me sometimes.) It's on the news. More news. MSNBC can't brighten my day... and I wouldn't dare let them. Nevertheless, the details from Cleveland leave me chilled. Reverend Al Sharpton.
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
I can't get over that accident at Pike and Boren. That van smacked right into that bus. Head on. People rushed in to help while I'm numb and stunned. People even put on gloves to help out the injured. Report - Three injured when van, Metro bus collide in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment