Saturday, October 16, 2010

zaterdag 16 oktober 2010

zaterdag 16 oktober 2010 Up at 6:58. Nice to sleep in. Turn on France 24. Today is World Food Day.

To see that graph disgusts me. So much unnecessary suffering.
C'mon! It's 2010. How about lending a helping hand for the happiness of mankind. Olivier De Schutter, the UN special rapporteur on the right to food, said "worse may still be ahead." Report - 'Little To Rejoice About' On World Food Day, UN Envoy Says. I feel embarrassed to log what I eat for breakfast this morning... Salmon spread on toast. After hearing about the Gotthard Base Tunnel - all that hard work - I feel that we can help the hungry, too. It's just my interest in engineering, but I'm curious about that tunnel and the genius to dig that tunnel. The entire Swiss Rail System seems like a miracle. My heritage is Swiss, and this project makes me feel a little proud.
After looking at various European railways, I discover the architectural wonders of Santiago Calatrava. One of his beautiful creations is the Liège-Guillemins railway station... just up the road from Liège, Belgium. Regardez.

Listen to Wait Wait. I laugh out loud to listen to George Takei playing "Push! Come on, Push!" It's seems like a Radio Day. Listen to Hawaii Radio Connection. Two doses of Rick Steves, too. He interviews Fred Plotkin about his new book Italy for the Gourmet Traveler. And Rick explores the benefits of Britain's bed-and-breakfast system. Watch music vids from Across The Universe.

Words are flowing out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting through my open mind
Possessing and caressing me



Jai guru deva.

No comments:

Post a Comment