Thursday, February 3, 2011

donderdag 3 februari 2011

donderdag 3 februari 2011 Up with alarm. Turn on the computer to check e-mail. Aaaaah. Kamen sent me something funny and cute. Thanks, Kamen.

Noodles, stir fry Chinese eggplant with a fried egg for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Political analyst David Bender joins the show in the Los Angeles Bureau at to talk about Egypt, surprises from Donald Rumsfeld, and the GOP tacking right on social issues. I find out that a lot of reporters got roughed up in Cairo... even Anderson Cooper.

Anderson Cooper is refusing to leave Egypt, even after being wounded, as well as being urged by his CNN bosses to leave the country. CNN officials told Cooper they can "no longer guarantee his security." Walk up Westlake to work listening to Weekday on the radio. Steve Scher interviews the lovely and interesting Winona LaDuke. They compare musical interests. Steve has never heard of peace activist and musician Michael Franti? I've been a fan of him for years. Ah, yes. They play Michael Franti's Bomb The World during the break.

Anyway, the subject for Weekday is The Next Energy Economy With Winona LaDuke. She talks about her progress with The White Earth Land Recovery Project. I get a double dose of Weekday today. Teresa is playing KUOW in the kitchen. I listen to Generation Hot: Climate Change With Journalist Mark Hertsgaard while I wash dishes. Yes, I'm concerned for our children... Every child on earth born after June 23, 1988, belongs to Generation Hot. That's what environmental journalist Mark Hertsgaard calls them. Generation Hot includes over two billion young people who will spend the rest of their lives confronting the impacts with global warming. The book is Hot: Living Through the Next Fifty Years on Earth. Good reading, I bet.

I deliver the clean dishes to the classrooms. I have time to play outside with the Dolphins and Sea Otters. 12 - Pam's lunch. The 6 Sea Otters finish lunch. I love how don't finish all at once. One by one, they clean up and plop down on their nap mats. 1 - Anne's lunch. It's a quiet hour, so I use it to send photos to a couple teachers. 2 - Planning time for Anne and Pam. Ella wakes up first. We hang out at the table with books and a pretty silver purse. What an easy-going day! I catch the 3 o'clock streetcar to d'town. Actually, I stop at Whole Foods to get some paper towels, cheese, salad bar and Pomegranate Italian Soda. Back at my place. Turn on KOMO News. Watch Star Trek Deep Space Nine - The Nagus.

Chicken Kimchi Udon noodle soup for dinner. Switch to MSNBC. My apologies from Seattle. While we have a luscious winter high of 51° the rest of the country is in the deep freeze. Really incredible freezy. Do I need to bring out The Day After Tomorrow for you? A Cyclone Rips Through Queensland.

No comments:

Post a Comment