Thursday, September 8, 2011

donderdag 8 augustus 2011

donderdag 8 augustus 2011 Up at 2:54. Turn on DW-TV. What's this about the Arctic? Report - Greenpeace Arctic Installation Illustrates Vanishing Ice. Greenpeace has recreated an interesting copper copy of Leonardo da Vinci's 'Vitruvian Man' in the Arctic, to draw attention to the rapid loss of ice.
Two men are arrested in a Bomb Plot In Berlin. The police decline to comment on a possible link to the September 11 anniversary.
Pasta prima vera and hard boiled egg for breakfast. Turn on John Fugelsang. Comments about last night's GOP debate. "Rick Perry reminds me of a George Bush bitten by a rattlesnake." Ha! Walk up Westlake to work. 10 to 10:30 - Open space. I fold some laundry then go outside to hang out with the Sea Otters. 11 - Olivia and Cristin come back from a stroll in South Lake Union Park. Some of the 7 Starfish are wet from playing in the fountains. Cristin goes inside to set up lunches. I do a few diapers before the kids sit down for lunch. 12 - Anne's lunch. Sit with the 4 Seahorses. My hummus sandwich fascinates them. They conk right out at nap time. 1 - Sharon's lunch. Quiet hour. 2 - Cristin's lunch. I take a couple early risers out to the playground. The kids say bye when I pick up my stuff. Streetcar to d'town. Train to Stadium Station. Sorry that I didn't take a photo from the station. Beautiful view of the skyline from here. Walk up to Century Link Field to get tickets for the Seattle Sounders - Real Salt Lake match on Saturday. Yay! Walk up to the I.D. and train to University. Call up Michael to chat about things. He tells me about the new Freedom Tower. It's making progress.

Back at my place turn on NBC to listen to Obama's speech about a jobs bill. The president announces a $450 billion jobs proposal before a joint session of Congress.
Delicious black bean chili for dinner. Watch Stargate SG-1: Forsaken... What a switch! The aliens are the good guys and the humans are the bad guys.
Then The Changeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment