Saturday, September 3, 2011

zaterdag 3 septmber 2011

zaterdag 3 septmber 2011 Restless night. Up at 1:05. Turn on DW-TV. They report a lot about the politics of Germany. Merkel rushed ahead in the euro crisis and declined any part in the NATO mission in the Libyan conflict. More and more people in her party and her parliamentary faction are skeptical about her. Report - Merkel Under Pressure. The Christian Democratic Union - Merkel's party - is falling out of favor. The Social Democratic Party seems to be successful in NE Germany. Switch to France 24. They interview Jacques Attali about the economic prospects for the world. He can talk about the big issues. Report - Eurozone Crisis, Are Politicians The Slaves Of The Markets? Depression? World government? Whoa!

I fall asleep after the sports report... Lemaitre takes 200m bronze. I swear that my iMac turns itself off if I'm not watching it. Up again at 5:30. I ask myself, "What can I do with a can of Roland Smoked Oysters? Oyster Omelet? YES! Recipe - How To Cook Oyster Omelet.

This is what I made. Stir fried some Chinese eggplant and red onions in garlic and red pepper. No sake. I use Pinot Grigio. A few leaves of baby spinach, rice, eggs. Yum! I made enough for dinner, too.
Shower. Walk up Capitol Hill all the way to 17th. Drop by Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. Three Layer-Hummus - my favorite. Wall-to-wall sunshine and blue skies. Lovely Seattle. Down Howell and through Cal Anderson Park to my place. Turn on Wait, Wait. Ready to do some shopping. Down to Macy's to buy a new Hugo Boss watch. It's the Boss Orange style, but it has a black nylon wrist band.
Over to Bed, Bath And Beyond to get some new pillow cases. Drop off the stuff at my place. Back down to Westlake Station. #550 bus tunnel to Uwajimaya. I want some Sho Chiko Bai and real oysters. I pass through the BBQ in their court, and they try to entice me. "It smells so good!" But I have plans for dinner. Train back to d'town. Rest a little in my place. Turn on Rick Steves on the radio. A guy tries to reconnect 21st Century Prague with its medieval past. Rick explores how castles functioned in ancient times. William Lobkowicz tells the story of how his family escaped from the Nazis and dealt with the Communists... his ties with the royalty of the Kingdom of Bohemia. Very interesting. I need another walk. Around to the Melrose Market, up to the Odd Fellows Temple, pass the Pike Street Fish Fry. Man! Everyone is eating outside today. It looks so yummy!
Watch a little Bicycle-Ball-Hockey at the playfield. Crazy kids. Down Union. Whew! I'm tired. Watch Star Trek Enterprise - Damage and The Forgotten. I cook dinner but I put it in the frig. Watch Twilight Zone - A Stop In Willoughby. That grand city that Gart Williams works in is not Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment