Saturday, September 10, 2011

zaterdag 10 september 2011

zaterdag 10 september 2011 Up at 6:45. Couscous and chicken salad for breakfast. Watch Dateline: 9/11, America Remembers on MSNBC. I didn't think watching this would make me emotional. Also, NYC 10 Years After.
I wonder how high the Freedom Tower is. According to Wikipedia - 1 World Trade Center... As of September 10, the tower has reached the 81st floor, with glass paneling at the 56th floor and concrete flooring reaching the 74th floor. Down to Westlake Station. #72 bus tunnel to the I. D. Lots of green shirts and the Seattle FC scarves. Scarves on this hot day? Oh, yeah, man!
I don't know this culture... the habits, the chants, etc. I don't really try to join in except for the National Anthem. I don't have a green shirt... a gray Oberlin shirt... No scarf. No beer. No flag. There are two enthusiastic young bucks in front of me. The guy in the brown shirt and I high-five one another when Seattle gets a score. I'm impressed with Mauro Rosales. He can kick it. But Salt Lake Wins 2 to 1. Those guys keep checking iPhones. What's the deal?


I don't bother with mass transit. I walk up 4th to d'town. The library gives me a cool breeze. It's warm. 83° Up to my place through Freeway Park. Turn on my fan and BBC News. Listen to World Drama - Washington 9/11. Michael Eaton's drama reconstructs a chaotic day, when communications failed, protocols were abandoned; radar signals were misinterpreted and rescue aircraft came close to being shot down. Wow! The drama. "This is war!" "Let's turn these terrible events into an opportunity!" It was your idea. Invade Iraq. War. Yes... Let's do it.

It's a flashback to the past to hear this... Coalition Of The Willing. Spinach salad for dinner. Watch movie - MST3K Bride Of The Monster. It's an Ed Wood movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment