Wednesday, May 2, 2012

dinsdag 1 mei 2012

dinsdag 1 mei 2012 Restless night. Turn on Rachel Maddow... which really doesn't help settle me down. Rachel talks about the back-and-forth, Romney-Obama. Speaking specifically about infrastructure, Obama revived the "party of no" theme that hasn't gotten much attention lately. Switch to Volkskrant. Weg Met De Wiet Pas.
Marc Josemans, owner of the Easy Going coffee shop in the southern Dutch city of Maastricht, spearheads a protest against stricter rules. Potatoes and fried egg for breakfast. Watch KOMO News. Report - Police, Organizers Prepping For May Day Protests. Is KOMO doing some fear-mongering with the emphasis on the mayhem. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Steph has a very touching interview with Zach Wahls, the author of My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength, and What Makes a Family. Eloquent young man.
Walk up Westlake to work. I'm a little shocked. I'm the kitchen guy today. A lot of dishes and laundry. I take a little break with the Starfish to eat my lunch. "What's that? WHAT'S THAT?" I tell them, "Chow mein and tofu, guys." A second round of dishes. I'm petering out. My back aches. Patty warns me that there are disruptions and violence d'town. Ride the streetcar to 9th. Walk the rest of the way to my place. I see and hear various helicopters buzzing around. It's on the news. It doesn't take much to take a peaceful demonstration and turn it into a disturbance.
Switch to DW-TV. They have their report about May Day. It should be in celebration of the worker. Workers Take To The Streets Of Europe For May Day Rallies.
Bath. Rice and General Tsao chicken for dinner. Watch Space 1999 - The Testament Of Arkadia.
Watch Rachel Maddow. Obama's exit strategies for Bush's wars. President Barack Obama makes a televised address from the war-torn country of Afghanistan to discuss an agreement he signed with President Hamid Karzai, which would see 23,000 U.S. troops withdrawn by the end of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment