Wednesday, May 30, 2012

woensdag 30 mei 2012

woensdag 30 mei 2012 Up at 5:06. I have the day off, but I'm up early anyway. Watch DW-TV. Report - Russia, China Oppose 'Premature' UN Action On Syria. Switch to Stephanie Miller. No Jim today. But Hal is in the studio. They talk about Mitt Romney clinching the GOP nomination (yawn) and about the Birther issue. Donald Trump spent the day yesterday standing by his assertion that there is no actual proof that President Obama was born in the United States. Up to Rudy's for a buzz cut. My last visit to the WSLCB on 12th. They close the store today. My receipt is a souvenir.
Drop off my bottle of Svedka at my place. Walk down to the waterfront. I get an order of sweet-n-sour chicken from my favorite Thai restaurant - Mae Phim. Visit the Colman Dock. It's been so long time. There's the new ferris wheel.
Ferris wheel on a sunny day.
I'm walking home. All of a sudden, I hear sirens. A helicopter appears above I-5. I turn on KOMO News on my radio. Man! I knew something was wrong. More guns! Woman Fatally Shot During Possible Carjacking In Seattle. This is only 3 blocks from my place. Then, a few minutes earlier... A man opened fire at Cafe Racer. Gunman Sought After 2 Killed, 3 Injured In U-District Cafe Shooting. This is really upsetting me. The random violence... 310 million Americans, 290 million guns. What could possibly go wrong? The effects of a stressed economy...(?) But we live in prosperous Seattle. That one shooting... only 3 blocks from my home! Can I even go have a cup of coffee without worrying about getting shot? So much sadness for my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment