Saturday, March 7, 2015

zaterdag 7 maart 2015

zaterdag 7 maart 2015 Midnight movie - A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
This film is dated. You can see the Twin Towers of NYC in some scenes... Even more than 2000 years into the future on our frozen planet. I like this one review by Scarlet Jupiter: Just like Antoine de Saint-Exupery's "The little prince", "A.I." is also a universal piece of art, with the youngest, yet, most wise protagonist. "The little prince" taught us that the essential things in life are seen not with the eyes, but with the heart. "A.I.", respectively, tells us that children give us the truthful wisdom we seek. Finally, I conk out around 3AM. Strange dream about Team Bartowski battling Kirk and Spock on some alien planet. (I don't think Casey was there.) Up at 9:34. Pasta salad for breakfast. Watch Up With Steve Kornacki. Fifty years after the events in Selma, Alabama, President Obama leads a nation still battling discrimination and heads to Selma to speak. Northwestern professor Alvin Tillery, msnbc’s Trymaine Lee, and Princeton professor Julian Zelizer - author of The Fierce Urgency of Now - join. Powerful symbolism in Selma 50 years later.
It's 54° with beautiful blue skies for my walk down to Pier 62/63.
It's warming up fast. View of the downtown buildings. A table in the middle of the pier for playing ping-pong.
Use the elevator to get up to First Avenue. I bump into an ex co-worker on 3rd. She asks me, "Are you coming back to work?" Me? I respond with a plain No. Sensing a little dissatisfaction at work, she says, Good! Back to my place. I'm up for a bike ride. I want to see if Madison Park has changed. The Russian consulate - Генеральное консульство России в Сиэтле - looks as stately as ever. The old Tully's Coffee shop is now a HomeStreet Bank.
A view of Lake Washington. Where are the boats? I have never seen the new 520 bridge with my own eyes.
Use Thomas Street to get over Capitol Hill to admire the residences of the neighborhood. Nice 8-mile ride. Big fat fried egg sandwich for dinner. Watch Chuck Versus The Muuurder. Very funny with lots of BM jokes. Saturday night movie - The Book Thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment