Wednesday, April 15, 2009

woensdag 15 april 2009

woensdag 15 april 2009 Up at 2:00. Play XL5 - Wings Of Danger. Investigating strange signals coming from Planet 46--the home of the Subterrians--Steve Zodiac is unknowingly poisoned by a robot bird equipped with deadly radium capsules. Swift surgery by Venus saves his life, but the bird is waiting to "pounce" again... I doze back to sleep before finding out if Steve Zodiac is saved. The alarm wakes me back up. Turn on KBCS. I'm lucky to hear today's Democracy Now. Pacifica Radio at 60: KPFA Remains a Sanctuary of Dissent Six Decades After Its Founding. Pacifica Radio... a triumph for progressive media! Beef chili on toast for breakfast. Bath. By the way... Happy Same Sex Kiss Day!

Walk up to Kaladi for coffee. See the headlines - 9.2% Unemployment In State, Expect Worse. Geez! (No Jeremiah today.) (But I bump into cute Mark from Victrola on Pike.) Walk down Pine - over to 9th - up Westlake to work. 9 to 11 - Planning time for Olivia. Kenn covers for Gloria. 8 - high-energy Seahorses. They like listening to Kenn's stories. I blow some bubbles, but they get too wild. "No! I want a big one!" "No! I dooooo!" Emily and Mia are very emotional. Geez! Take them to the Bike Room. The energy level ebbs and flows. The tide goes in and the tide goes out. 11 - Charmaine's meeting with Celeste. 6 Dolphins on the playground. Julian gets at least 10 minutes to play with my slinky. 12 - Charmaine's lunch. I put "splashes" of milk in their cups. They like drinking without the sippy lids. That keeps them occupied at the lunch table. Naps are easy. Charmaine comes back and asks, "What happened?" 1 - Up to Wildflowers for their nap time. It's very quiet. Darnel is up there, too. Get some Panang Beef at the Kaosamai truck. Take the streetcar to d'town. There's someone who has Fuck Global Warming on her jacket. (?) There's supposed to be a Tea Bagging demonstration at Westlake Center today.

"Stop The Fiscal Madness!" WHAT?! I know how we got to this economic spiral downturn... MADNESS!

I re-read an article in Vanity Fair by Nobel prize winner Joseph E. Stiglitz on Bush's Hidden Economic Time Bomb. It was written when un-employment was at a respectable 4.6%... but the other side of the ledger was straining. Back to my place. Watch Heroes - Cold Snap. "Rebel" is Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment