Tuesday, July 14, 2009

dinsdag 14 juli 2009

dinsdag 14 juli 2009 Bonne Fete du Juillet 14 a tous! Happy Bastille day to everyone in France and all over the world!



I can't believe that I found this on the Huffington Post. Seriously, I wanted to see who booed Al Franken at the Senate hearings for Sotomayor's confirmation. You look great in the 70's - Al Franken! (I was "ok" in 1979.)



Look into Le Tour de France news. British sprinter Mark Cavendish claimed his third victory in this year's edition of the Tour de France as he powered ahead of his rivals in the final stretch of the 10th stage between Limoges and Issoudun to win on France's national day.



It's a fantastic day! C'est un jour fantistique! I take a walk up Pike Street. Je marche sur la Rue Pike. I see two young guys. Je vois deux jeunes hommes. They look cute. Ils me semblent mignons. They look at the posters on the lampposts. Ils regardent les posters sur les lampadaires. I hear their father. "Qu'est-ce vous-regardez?" (What are you looking at?) It's perfect! C'est parfait! To hear French in my city... J'entends le français... ici! I have my little pic-nic in Cal Anderson Park... but I'm pretending it's La Place des Vosges.

C'est comme ça! It's like that! You pretend to be somewhere else... and the elsewhere gets here. Life is truly amazing! I pretended to be in Paris... to have my little pic-nic... et voilà! France comes to me. Vive la France!

Someone is doing Yoga in the park.

Jay Brannan is coming to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment