Thursday, July 30, 2009

donderdag 30 juli 2009

donderdag 30 juli 2009 Up with alarm. I survived the hottest night in Seattle. It's 88.6 ° in my apartment. It's hot. Here's a YouTube video for this occasion - When You're Hot, You're Hot! Lemon grass tofu and rice noodles for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Nice cool shower. Chat with mom. I tell her about the record breaking heat and how I'm coping. Today, it will be cooler... only 99° Listen to Thom Hartmann on my walk to work. He interviews Gavin Newsom who talks about Healthy San Francisco - a program created by the city of San Francisco that makes health care services accessible and affordable for uninsured residents. There's a staff meeting in the bike room. The Summer Camp is evicted. Q & A for the candidate for the new Team Leader. 10 to 11:30 - Kitchen Help. No dishwasher... So, we wash the dishes differently. It's not too hard. My back hurts. Take my break on the deck outside with the Rainforest Kids and the Trailblazers & Explorers. They're busy squirting each other. 12 - Anne's lunch. Erin covers for Elaine. Naps for 5 Starfish. I need to rock and sing to Ben for 20 minutes. 1 - Pam's lunch. The kids are asleep, but Pam's coming in and out of the classroom wakes them up. I manange to get Paxton and Harrison back to sleep. But Ivy won't go back to sleep. Teresa feeds Ivy her lunch. Ivy doesn't want anything to do with me. I take care of Nolan. 2 - Patty's lunch. The parents of the kids are there with their ice creams and sorbets - playing with the kids. Alex is trying to take steps. Streetcar to d'town. Change clothes. It's still hot. 95° Walk down to Seattle City Hall to James Street. Down James Street to the Pioneer Square Station. Ride nice cool train up to Westlake. I see Peter Lock getting off. He introduces me to his partner, Jason. Back to my place. Listen to Ron Reagan. Ron and Montel Share a Beer for Racial Unity. In honor of the "Beer Summit" at the White House between President Barack Obama, Henry Louis Gates, Sergeant James Crowley and, randomly, Vice President Joe Biden, Air America hosts Ron Reagan and Montel Williams get together to move the story of race relations forward.

Finish off teriyaki chicken for dinner. Watch movie - Kronos.

No comments:

Post a Comment