Saturday, July 25, 2009

zaterdag 25 juli 2009

zaterdag 25 juli 2009 Up at 6:30. Turn on BBC-5 to listen to Le Tour De France - Stage 20. What a fantastic race! Mon coeur est ravi! I love this photo... The Schleck brothers are harassing this police officer.

Hummus on toast for breakfast. Early start for the day. Head down to Westlake with my bike to take a ride down to Columbia City on the Link Light Rail.

This is the way my bike actually looks dangling on the hook.

I ride up Edmunds to Columbia Park. Turn on Alaska up to Renton Ave. I see Seattle about 3 miles away... but I'm not going d'town.

Renton Ave. to Mt. Baker Blvd. Ride along Lake Washington to Seward Park. What a beautiful day... with beautiful shirtless sweaty studs running along the lake. I see a an American Bald Eagle diving down on a bunch of ducks. I do the Seward Park loop.

I stop at Colman Park to pee.

It takes about 30 minutes of riding to get to the Mount Baker Station from Seward Park. A very nice - cute - guy helps to take a picture of me at the station. He's wearing a Sounders' scarf - wrapped smartly around his neck.

The train is packed with people going to the Sounders game and to the Seafair Parade. Back at my place. I relax a little bit. My legs are sore. Wander up to M Street to get a few things. I notice a guy sitting at an M Street table reading Wall Street Versus America.

The store is busy with people stocking up on stuff for Seafair. I forget how busy the city can get for Seafair. Drop off stuff at home. Walk down to 4th Ave. People are already setting up chairs for the parade. Conveniently, a #33 comes by, and I ride it to Seattle Center... which is full of people as well. A nice air-conditioned #8 takes me to Denny. I turn on Rick Steves program on my radio as I walk to my place. I love his show - David Sedaris: An American in Paris and Tokyo. David likes to shop at Monoprix... Me, too! Watch Star Trek - Who Mourns For Adonis. As the USS Enterprise nears the planet Pollux IV, a huge hand made of energy materializes in space, catching and holding the ship.

They go down to the planet to visit Apollo. Apollo gets BIG! Nice! He's large and in charge.

The crew seem somewhat skeptical for Apollo's veracity.

"Your fathers knew me, and your fathers' fathers – I am Apollo."
"And I am the Czar of all the Russias!"
"Mr. Chekov –"
"I'm sorry, sir; I never met a god before."
"And you haven't yet." - Apollo, Chekov, and Kirk



Go to my Yahoo Music Videos. I start with Boulevard Of Broken Dreams... one of my favorites.

"Nobody said it would be easy," says Coldplay.

Baked potato and salami for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment