Sunday, July 5, 2009

zondag 5 juli 2009

zondag 5 juli 2009 Up at 2:48. Turn on BBC News. They talk a little about the 2nd stage of Le Tour de France.

The riders will end up in Brignoles, France... famous for Les Fêtes Médiévales de Brignoles.

Toast and tuna salad for breakfast. Listen to Mind Over Matters. They talk about Toxic Trespassing. Bath. Walk up to Westlake Whole Foods. Get beet salad, herbal-mint shower gel and paper towels. On my way, a couple tourists ask me, "Where's the closest Starbucks?" I tell them, "Why do you want to go to a Starbucks? Victrola - up there - serves excellent coffee. They have French press coffee and excellent expresso." I don't think that the tourists are going to listen to me. They head down hill. I drop off my stuff at home. Re-watch movie - The Tattooist. Jason Behr is lovely!

Jason plays Jake Sawyer - a tattooist who is in Singapore for a Tattoo Exposition. The first 20 minutes of this movie actually had a very sexy vibe to how night time Singapore is portrayed, with its beautiful skyline. He "borrows" an old tattoo tool... his customers thereafter become victims of strange deaths, spewing tattoo ink and experiencing death by tattoo art. This is a mystery thriller... not horror. Although, it gets scary sometimes.




I start to listen to A Prairie Home Companion... but I'm not in the mood. At 1:01, it's 78°F It's humid, too. Turn on Marketplace from American Public Media. Do I really love my radio? They present Different States Of Un-employment. How 'bout Financial Independence. I love the idea but... Is the typical child care worker involved in this scenario? So many Americans are living by the skin of their teeth... living paycheck to paycheck. What to save? People call in to talk about their financial troubles, but I have no sympathy. I hear money in their voices. Then I check Huffington Post - Biden - "We Misread How Bad The Economy Was" I need to walk off my frustration! Short walk up Pike - over to Harvard - across Olive St. - back down Pine. Choice of movie... Merlin - The Mark Of Nimueh.

No comments:

Post a Comment