Sunday, July 26, 2009

zondag 26 juli 2009

zondag 26 juli 2009 Up at 1:20. Play movie - Spider-man 2.

It's been a while since I watched this movie. I watch it for a while then I doze back to sleep. Awake again at 6:30. BBC-5 streams Le Tour De France - Stage 21 at 7:00. Listen to the race to Champs-Élysées. Mark Cavendish sprints to the finish. Fantastic! Cavendish wins! First Briton to win final Tour de France stage in on Champs Elysées as Alberto Contador seals yellow jersey.

Big salami and cheese omelet for breakfast. Bath. Ride over to Nordstrom's elevator to take my bike down to the Downtown Transit Tunnel.

At 9:00, it's already 67° It's going to be a hot one. From the elevator at the Beacon Hill Station, I ride up Beacon Ave. to Cheasty Blvd.

I love Cheasty Boulevard. It's a lovely winding downhill 1.3-mile ride to Mt. Baker. Lots of people are taking advantage of the cooler temps in the morning to run and bike. Ride past the moorages of Leschi.

Admire the lovely homes along Lake Washington Boulevard. Are boulevards supposed to always be lovely?

Rest-stop at Madrona Park. Listen to a little A Prairie Home Companion under the shade.

Rode up to the Mount Baker Station. There's competition for hooks on the train. There are only 2 bike hooks on each train, but I see lots of people taking their bikes on the trains. People are so friendly on the trains. I seem to manage to strike up a conversation with each ride. A cute Mexican boy - 10-years-old - asks me, "Is it free?" I give him a pamphlet showing him the Ride-Free area. "Thank you, sir." Exit the University Street Station. Ride up Union to my place. Rest a little. Listen to The Splendid Table and Tavis Smiley. Walk up to Borders and browse through The Return Of Depression Economics And The Crisis Of 2008.

BBC News talked about crooked banking this morning. So...

A warning for all of us: like diseases that have become resistant to antibiotics, the economic maladies that caused the Great Depression were making a comeback.

Walk through Westlake Center over to my place. Find Torchwood DVD. Play Random Shoes. I love how Gwen listens to a ghost.




No comments:

Post a Comment