Wednesday, July 22, 2009

woensdag 22 juli 2009

hair

woensdag 22 juli 2009 Awake at 2:30. Put Outer Limits video into the VCR to watch Moonstone. Fall back to sleep until the alarm goes off. Doh! I have the day off! I forgot to turn it off. It's ok. Never mind. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Finally, I finish off my burrito for breakfast... but I fry an egg as well. Bath. Listen to Le Tour De France - Stage 17. The riders have their lunch break in Oëx, France. The Schleck brothers, Frank and Andy, cross the finish line... with the encouragement of Spain's Alberto Contador. That's rather strange. Oh, well.

I'm ready to ride the LINK Light Rail. I walk down University Street to the University Street Station.


In about 30 minutes, I'm whisked to Tukwila Int'l Blvd. Station. Many of Seattle's neighborhoods fly by me on the way.

"Welcome to Tukwila." I wander down the escalators toward the McDonald's on 15210 Pacific Highway South. Get a Sausage McMuffin for my 2nd breakfast. Sorry... I can't eat all that junk food. Blech! But I see - with other McDonalds Munchers - CNN News on a big flat-screen TV... They report about how to tax for the health care plan. The guys sitting behind me say: "Yeah, the rich should pay." Yes, indeed. A little perspective boys - Tax Rates Around the World. Even in Tuwila, health care + taxes are discussed. Back to the station. Admire the sculptures.


Tukwila Station has white buses to shuttle you to Sea-Tac.


It is like a roller coast ride. WOW!

I can see the skyline of d'town Seattle in the murky haze.

I have arrived - D'town. I feel that I have re-discovered Seattle with light rail. I love the convenience of getting off and on those stations... and to wander up and down the streets.

Back up to my place for a couple minutes. Take the #41 bus tunnel to Uwajimaya. Get the Family Special - Rice with 2 sides for $5.46. With rice Kung Kao Chicken and Teyikaki chicken. Yummy! I like sitting in the gardens near Uwajimaya.

Walk up to Rudy's on Pine Street. No wait! Walk up to the 98 Cent store. Walk up to Republican over to Harvard. Down Pike. "Hi, Jeremiah." Back to my place. Turn on KUOW to listen to The Conversation. They talk about Seattle's Pedestrian Program. Yes! It's nice to know that someone is trying to improve pedestrian safety. Write Nana a letter. Mail it at 3rd & Union. Back to my place. Watch MSNBC News. Watch movie - The Love Guru.

No comments:

Post a Comment