Thursday, August 6, 2009

donderdag 6 augustus 2009

donderdag 6 augustus 2009 Up at 2:57. Turn on BBC News. Report - Murdoch Signals End Of Free News. I manage to go back to sleep. Dream about losing the keys to my Red Mini Cooper Convertible and I have 10 parking tickets. Up again at 4:30. Tuna salad sandwich for breakfast. Check the Huffington Post. Report - Stewart Slams CNN & Fox For Coverage Of Bill Clinton's North Korea Rescue. I like Jon Stewart's 7-minute snappy synopsis of yesterday's coverage of American journalists Euna Lee and Laura Ling.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
William Jefferson Airplane
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorSpinal Tap Performance

Shower. Walk up Westlake to work... listening to Thom Hartmann on the radio. Jam-packed full of issues. He refers to the site PLEASE CUT THE CRAP! again which draws attention to the BS the right-wing puts out... all the time! Thom also interviews Troy K. Schneider from The New America Foundation - Should The Government Rescue The Endangered News Industry? How can we preserve quality journalism in America? 10 - Breaks starting with Olivia. 10:30 - Fire drill! I'm glad that we're already out on the playground. 11 - Starfish lunch set-up. Jack and Bella have some delicious lamb and rice casserole... which they don't eat at all. Everything times out well. By 11:45, the kids lie down on their mats and doze off one-by-one. 12 - Elaine's lunch. Anne deals with Ben's nap. She admits to me that it's frustrating to get him to sleep, but he does. 1 - Anne's lunch. 7 Starfish sleep. Nap music - Axiom Of Choice - Beyond Denial.

Inside the sleeve, I read a quote by J. Rumi - "I have become a fugitive from the body, fearful as to the spirit; I swear I know not - I belong neither to this nor to that." How Universal of you, Rumi. I love this CD with the various voices, guitars and drums with Persian rhythm. 2 - Kitchen help. Deliver the snack. (I already folded the laundry.) Walk up to my place. Drop off stuff. Listen to The World. Today’s Geo Quiz is about Hiroshima, Japan. Sixty-four years ago today, the US dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima.

Switch to Ron Reagan. The discussion is about Brad Pitt and why he won't marry Angelina Jolie. (Equal rights, man!)

No comments:

Post a Comment