Saturday, September 12, 2009

zaterdag 12 september 2009

zaterdag 12 september 2009 The alarm wakes me up at 5... but I don't mind. I'm going to meet Brent. Bath. Brent shows up at 7:30. He drives us up to 15th Ave. Stop at Caffe Ladro for coffee then over to the Coastal Kitchen for some spicy hashbrowns and yummy Rumbles. We chat a while... He talks about his travels to Europe and South America. I soak it up like a sponge.

We visit 2 QFCs to buy flowers... lots of flowers... for a family celebration. Brent and I give each other big hugs to say good-bye. Walk down to Westlake. #511 bus. Someone disembarks wearing a certain t-shirt... which I normally won't see in d'town Seattle.

Shop at Uwajimaya. Beef Sukiyaki and Thai tea. Train back to my place. Later on, I call Nana. We chat about 10 minutes about this and that. It's a beautiful day, but I stay inside. I play Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. I like the politics of this movie, but more, I enjoy the one-on-one stories of various people.



The film ends with a clip of George W. Bush stumbling through his infamous "Fool me once" speech. The credits roll while Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World" plays. Listen to Rick Steves' program. September 12: Mexico City One of the largest cities in the world, Mexico City is often compared to some of Europe's great cities in terms of culture, history, street life, and great food. Yet despite being considered the western hemisphere's equal to many European capitols, it's still not on most Americans' must-see list. Two former New Yorkers, who are inspired to change all that, join Rick to share their story of how they were so charmed by Mexico City they moved there and wrote guides to help other visitors enjoy it, too. I listen to the radio show while watching a slide show from Flickr - Mexico City. Urban Earth is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment