Friday, May 7, 2010

vrijdag 7 mei 2010

vrijdag 7 mei 2010 Up at 4:30. Turn on BBC Radio 4 iPlayer. Results from the UK general election are still coming in, and I get to watch on my computer. Gordon Brown speaks... that the UK faces the reality of a hung parliament. Rice and fried egg for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Up to Kadali for some of Jeremiah's coffee. He asks me, "How's the week going?" I reflect for a second... My superior quits, my dad is really sick, but the kids are good, I'm alive and well. I tell him, "I've had my ups and downs." Back to my place to listen to more Stephanie Miller. They're talking a lot about the "long stroke." (What?) Shower. Walk up 9th to work. Traffic is crazy. It's amazing that I survive the walk to work. 10 to 11:30 - Wash dishes, deliver dishes, make 5:30 snack and fold laundry. Passing through the Sea Otter classroom, I see that Kenn and Charmaine get the Goop out.

I hang out with the Sea Otters. There are only 5 of them, but they seem extra precocious. They need an extra eye to watch on them. They eat lunch and then chant - really loud! "AAAAAAAAH!" 1 - Teresa's lunch. Over to the very quiet, very asleep Dolphins. I have some more laundry to fold. 2 - Kenn's lunch. He's subbing for Patty today. The Sea Otters sleep. It's pretty good nap time. They wake up toward the end of the hour. Walk up to Apt. 404 to visit Michael and Gregg. Get the keys for my cat-sitting gig. Drop off stuff at my place. #10 up to Cal Anderson Park. People are enjoying the sunshine and warm temperatures. I bump into Michael at QFC on my way back. Play the podcast of The World. Watch a little Hardball. He re-plays Colbert's Understanding British Elections. Play episode of Futurama - The Why Of Fry. In this episode it is revealed that Fry's cryogenic freezing and arrival in the 31st century was not an accident, but a calculated plot by Nibbler to save the universe.


The Nibblonians reveal the Brainspawn's plan to collect all knowledge in the universe, store it in a colossal memory bank called the Infosphere, and destroy the rest of the universe.

Fry has a "Quantum Interphase Bomb" which will send the sphere into an alternate dimension forever.
Fry is upset to see that Nibbler tipped him into the cryogenic chamber and sent him to the year 3000. Nibbler explains that he had to do so, as Fry was the only person who could defeat the Brainspawn.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that your Dad is sick.
    Hope next week is brighter !

    Kisses !

    -K.

    ReplyDelete