Saturday, May 15, 2010

zaterdag 15 mei 2010

zaterdag 15 mei 2010 Up at 4:00. Turn on Comedy Central. Yahoo! It's George Carlin On Campus. He does his cheer for us.

Coconut rice and a couple fried eggs for breakfast. Watch movie - A Love To Hide. The movie revolves around 3 friends situated in France during WWII. Sara a young jewish woman loses her family and seeks help from her childhood friend the young Jean. He brings her to stay by his lover Philippe, who has connections with the French resistance. What a sad movie. Jean returns from the concentration camp... with his brains scooped out by the Nazis. I say out loud, "Il va mourir." (He's going to die.) Of course, he dies, and I cry like a baby. I am devastated.

This is a movie day. I surf the channels for something light-hearted. It's Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back. I love the large number of cameo appearances by famous actors, actresses and directors. The light saber duel with Mark Hamill is crazy.

Jamie Kennedy plays the poor, abused production assistant to Chaka Luther King. "Are there boogers in my coffee?" Wander over to my place to take a bath. Watch movie - Across the Universe again. I want to absorb more of it. The Strawberry Fields segment is intense for me. I feel that the nailed up strawberries represent the poor souls who died in the Vietnam War.

Turn on Rick Steves. He talks to the man who authored Portugal's law that dropped criminal penalties against all narcotics users. Rick also talks with Lotay Rinchen who runs a tour company in the U.S. and Bhutan with his brother called Bridge To Bhutan. Bhutan sounds like a fascinating place. We hear how Bhutan makes it a priority to promote "gross national happiness." Back to #404. Watch movie - JFK. It's a complicated film. It wears my brain out... so I conk out on the couch. I wake up around 10:30. Watch news and Saturday Night Live. I'm bored. I switch to Robin Hood: Men In Tights on the ABC Family Channel. That's better. I like Mel Brooks. "Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."

No comments:

Post a Comment