Saturday, February 4, 2012

zaterdag 4 februari 2012

zaterdag 4 februari 2012 Up at 6:40. Turn on France 24. Europe is still shivering from the cold snap. They're wondering when it will end. People are sending in their Videos Of The Cold Snap. This one is incredible! In Ukraine, one swimmer briefly braves the ice-caked Black Sea.

Watch a report - The Faces Of French Poverty. The Nouveaux Poor - students, single parents, casual workers and the elderly. It's a global trend. More people are descending into a state of poverty.

Egg salad on toast for breakfast. Watch RT News about the UN resolution and the protests in Moscow. Man! It's only 1 °F. Thousands of demonstrators are braving near-zero temperatures to take to the streets of Moscow in protest against the rule of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

Turn on Wait, Wait. Love it! Actor Gary Oldman Plays 'Not My Job' Oldman answers three questions about Up With People — a horde of wholesome, smiley young people who performed four Super Bowl halftime shows back in the day.

Walk up to Cal Anderson Park. There's Greg - the cutest clerk in the world - riding circles with a buddy on bikes in the tennis court. I wave and say HI! to him. Beautiful, sunny day. Back at my place. Listen to This American Life. This week - Conventions. I love the story of Pete Jordan AKA as Dishwasher Pete - Dish Out Of Water. Author of Dishwasher: One Man's Quest to Wash Dishes in All Fifty States (P.S.).
Michael drops by and drives me down to Rainier Valley. I get instructions for house-and/or-cat-sitting. Nice walk down Horton. I see a beautiful black cat at 35th. Pass John Muir Elementary. It takes 20 minutes to walk to the Mount Baker Station. Lots of Teriyaki Places on my way. I'm getting hungry. Train to d'town. Catch the streetcar and ride up to Whole Foods to pick up some Pink Grapefruit Italian Soda. Twice in one day! The cutest clerk in the world - Greg - checks me out. Walk home. Make a check for the U. S. Treasury. Mail it to the IRS from my post office. Go, little check, go. Up Pike to my place. Watch Up With Chris Hayes. Why is democracy in a cage?
My friends are going to visit the Mayans. So, I watch N. G. - Dawn Of The Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment