Tuesday, February 5, 2013

maandag 4 februari 2013

maandag 4 februari 2013 Solid sleep until Midnight. Wake up hungry and thirsty. Doze in and out of sleep while channel surfing. Stick with Lethal Weapon for a few minutes until I fall back to sleep. Up at 6:30. Turn on WKYC for news and weather. Interesting stuff happened at last night's Superbowl, it seems. SF rally, Beyonce and a blackout. Winter Weather Advisory: 2" to 4" of snow on the way. Lasagna and egg for breakfast. NBC News: How the 49ers stunk just enough to lose... Perhaps it's true, but it seems a harsh little opinion. And the blackout... How old is the Superdome anyway? 38?
Dan drops by to take me out to eat. "I feel like a Reuben sandwich." We drive to Medina to Sully's. It's delicious! On our way back to Wellington, I say "I love you, Litchfield!" I visit Dan's. He gives me the yearbooks from Vermilion High. Back in the day, I had some crushes on some of my classmates, I admit. It makes my head spin. Back to my place, I turn on the TV. I need to get away from FOX News which my parents constantly watch. I flip through the channels to find a movie filmed in Seattle - The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. Yikes! It's scary and intense. Spoiler: The evil nanny is impaled on a white picket fence. Switch to something more light-hearted - Ellen. It's quite touching that she gives Julian and Darius (from Australia) $25,000 for their dad's brain tumor. As for my dad... a nurse drops by to take his vitals and ask questions about his activities, etc. I like this nurse. After some news and dinner, mom and dad watch their own stuff in the living room. I watch my own movies in the Florida Room - Journey 2: Mysterious Island and Contagion. It's a place of strange life forms, mountains of gold, deadly volcanoes, and more than one astonishing secret. From Hong Kong to Minneapolis, London to Abu Dhabi, people by the thousands come down with something nasty. It starts with a simple cough, but quickly progresses to fever, brain hemorrhage and, finally, death. Then society breaks down.

No comments:

Post a Comment