Friday, February 1, 2013

vrijdag 1 februari 2013

vrijdag 1 februari 2013 It's 1:30 AM when I finally made into CAK. Yahoo! I'm so relieved... Here's my ride.
It takes about an hour and 15 minutes to drive from the airport to Wellington. Mom lets me go straight to bed. My metabolism is out of whack. So, I relax and watch Out Of Africa.  Thank you, Meryl Streep, for putting me to sleep.  I sleep for a a couple hours.  The light of the sunrise wakes me up. I can see a couple cardinals in the tress. Welcome to Ohio.  Turn on the news.  Cleveland is getting socked down with snow flurries.  Schools are closed.  It is soooo cold.
The TV is tuned to FOX 8 most of the morning. We're trying to keep track of the forecasts because family members are travelling on Saturday. Maple rolls for breakfast. Mom and I visit Village Market to pick up some things. We pick up food at McDonald's too. Food much? Lisa visits and shares family albums from her iPad. It feels good to catch up on stuff. We chat for quite a while. Finally, I take a nice hot shower and shave... to get that grubby airplane and airport feeling off me. Dad watches Colbert and the Daily Show with me. Jon Stewart and Weapons Of Mass Discussion. President Obama makes a controversial skeet-shooting remark, and Jason Bateman discusses Identity Thief. At dinner, we all watch Captain Blood. That's a good, ol' movie (1935). I love the duel. Go, Blood! Yo, ho, ho! Watch the Lakers vs. Wolverines in the Florida Room. In the 3rd quarter, I'm starting to cheer for the Wolverines... who lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment