Sunday, November 24, 2013

zondag 24 november 2013

zondag 24 november 2013 Up at 4:34. Downstairs. It's chilly in the Florida Room. Turn on Starz Edge and watch It Might Get Loud - a documentary on the electric guitar from the point of view of three significant rock musicians: The Edge, Jimmy Page, and Jack White. I am riveted to the sofa. I love the jam sessions and the personal stories. I wish that I had guitar lessons instead of piano lessons when I was a kid. The guitar is more portable than a piano... and sexier. Next... With mild interest, I start to watch Oz The Great And Powerful. I doze in and out of sleep... until the finale. The penultimate battle between good and evil. Oscar uses ingenuity and his arts of illusion to fight the evil sisters. Fish and chips for breakfast. Mom recorded Vanishing On 7th Street for me last night. Poor Hayden Christensen. What's going on!? It's strange to watch this dark movie with the whiteness of snow outside. This Sony Bravia KDL-46EX523 does a good job in this environment. My brother and his wife drive down to join us for a little pizza party. Dad likes Italian sausage and mushrooms, and so do I. We chat and catch up with stuff. They have to go to school tomorrow, so they leave early. TBS is playing the classic Wizard Of Oz. Full circle from this morning. Oh, those crazy tornadoes! Always whisking us to Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment