Wednesday, February 19, 2014

woensdag 19 februari 2014

woensdag 19 februari 2014 Up at 3:27. Watch WLS Chicago News. The city of Chicago is asking for help as thawing snow could end up in widespread flooding. And watch out for the icicles falling from the skyscrapers. Salmon salad sandwich for breakfast.
Turn on Stephanie Miller. They talk a lot about the stand-your-ground law and the Michael Dunn case. Victim's family responds.
Walk up Westlake to work. Back and forth between Infants and Sea Otters. After being shut inside yesterday, it's nice to go out to the playground with the kids. It's chilly but sunny. The slide is busy today. When the kids get inside, Joyce reads books... including one of my favorites - Where's The Green Sheep. Diversity, sheep! Over to Infants to cover a couple lunch breaks. It goes well for the most part. However, naps are a little tough. In the Sea Otters, there's one early-riser. We visit the Infant Room for 20 minutes. The others sleep until 2:50. All at once, they wake up. Turn on KOMO News as I walk to the streetcar station. Interesting sports report from Sochi, Russia - Russia's Snowboard Couple Medals Together in Sochi. Vic Wild is an American snowboarder working for the Russians... A native of White Salmon, Washington. He gets the GOLD!
Streetcar to d'town. Train down to Uwajimaya. The Seattle Weekly, people! The cover catches my eye.

Low-Wage Nation

It's getting frustrating to me. Because of "austerity" at work, my wage has been frozen for 3 years. The cost of things keep going up and up. (I can't wait for the next rent increase.) Shop at Uwajimaya. Nothing on sale. But I get my Gekkeikan anyway. Train back to d'town. Should I cut Comcast out of my budget? I'm considering it. But then... Netflix would be cancelled. Cancel Amazon... No Way!
Something has to give! Geez. With a heavy heart, I fry up some beef gyoza with spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment