Tuesday, February 23, 2010

dinsdag 23 februari 2010

dinsdag 23 februari 2010 Up at Midnight. Play movie - Swing Vote.

Swing Vote, a populist comedy about the U.S. presidential election--because of an electoral deadlock--coming down to one man, one vote. Alarmingly (for the future of the world), that one man is Bud Johnson (Kevin Costner), a beer-swilling, newly-unemployed divorced dad in Texico, New Mexico.

The film targets voter complacency and the winning-is-everything bloodsport of the presidential race. Believe it or not the film makes a good case for voting as a moral choice, a choice we should take seriously.

After the movie, I turn on BBC News. Karzai is testing the world with his decrees. Report - Karzai Poll Body Power Grab Sparks Concerns In West. I never go back to sleep. Rice and hummus for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Hal Sparks is spending time at her place, and he shops for groceries at Whole Foods for her. What a nice guy.
It takes a while to get hot water for my shower. Check out reports about last night's Olympic Ice Dancing competition. Oh! Charlie White, you're cute.

Make my own coffee for my walk to work. 10 to 11:30 - Planning time for Patty. Kenn covers for Charmaine. Seven Sea Otters enjoy free play. I hurt my back somehow when picking up toys. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! I'm really stiff, but not immobile. Open space 12 to 1:30 - I make myself extra for Sea Otters. Make things easier for lunch clean up, diapers and naps. The Sea Otters sleep well. 1:30 to 2 - Liz's lunch. 2 - Patty's lunch. Still quiet through nap time. Streetcar to d'town. Up to QFC to get a few things. I'm still hurting and stiff. At my place, I try to work out the cramps in my back and leg in a warm bath. Watch Hardball and Countdown. Start movie - Swingers, but I'm too tired. Conk out.

No comments:

Post a Comment