Wednesday, February 3, 2010

woensdag 3 februari 2010

woensdag 3 februari 2010 Up at 3:44. Turn on BBC News. Business report - Opec Says Oil Supply Increase 'Worrying' I'm sorry, Mr. Secretary General Abdalla Salem El-Badri of OPEC, that you are so worried. Left-over crab chowder for breakfast. Turn of Stephanie Miller. She's visiting L. A. and almost - oops - drives to Pacoima to work. Steph interviews Tarryl Clark calls about her run against Rep. Michele Bachmann in Minnesota. Check KING-5 for weather. Excitement on the website for the 2010 Vancouver and for Follow Apolo. Does he qualify as a Seattlite anymore? 9 days to go.

Hal Sparks joins the show. He's all by himself in NYC. Wish that I could join him. Hal - as usual - sparks things up with his social broadcasting.

Don't take any coffee with me. Walk in light drizzle to work. 10 to 12:45 - Planning time and lunch break for Charmaine. Sharyn covers for Patty. Seven Sea Otters do some free play. Ryan and I work on the plastic pipes together.

He learns by himself how the thinner pipes fit in the bigger pipes. He's on a roll. I see that he wants to build a tower so I hold it up for him.

What an impressive creation. Others come over to admire it... and take it apart.

We're feeling a little "cabin fever" so Sharyn and I dress up the kids to play out in the rain. Only 2 kids have rain gear. We play on the playground for about 20 minutes. When we come inside, Misti helps us to change the kids out of their wet clothes. Charmaine sets up the lunches. Thank you, Charmaine. Patty comes back early and does a short circle time... to get them "organized." Lunch time is ok. 1 - Lunch break for Teresa. Six Dolphins are sleeping. Alex and Wyatt - next door - are fighting their naps, and the noise wakes up Piper. I can't get her back to sleep. 2 - Patty's lunch. It's quiet until Wyatt wakes up sad. He stays sad until Patty comes back and I leave. Walk up to Capitol Hill. Oh, no. Bye bye Café Septième. Another B'way landmark closed.

At my place, I turn on The World. They talk a little about the Russian city on the Black Sea that was chosen to host the next Winter Olympics after Vancouver - Sochi. E-mail from mom... My niece gave birth to an eight-pound baby boy.

I'm a grand uncle!


Yes, Ashton Reid! It's funny how this birth has given us promotions. My sister is now a grand-mother, my mom a great-grand-mother and my 105-year-old grand mother a great-great-grand-mother. In other news... NBC News report - Hearts Sinking In Toyota City. The town of Koromo, the predecessor of present day Toyota, was a major producer of silk and prospered through the Taishō period. In 1959, the city changed its name to Toyota City. Spaghetti with chicken sauce for dinner. Watch Star Trek TNG - Sarek.

No comments:

Post a Comment