Saturday, February 20, 2010

zaterdag 20 februari 2010

zaterdag 20 februari 2010 Up at 1:38. Finish watching Surrender Dorothy. Actually, I start from the beginning again.

Yikes! It's a creative and disturbing movie. Kevin DiNovis worked hard on this film - being writer, acting as main character and directing. I find this comment on IMDB interesting - No addict of any kind would submit to the indignities depicted here unless predisposed to do so. In my "S" file of films, I play Superman III... Christopher Reeves back in 1983. Synthetic kryptonite laced with tobacco tar splits Superman in two: good Clark Kent and bad Man of Steel. The film centers mainly around Richard Pryor's character - August 'Gus' Gorman. I saw this film at the Coliseum (I think) just after returning to Seattle from Ohio. Look at those ancient computers, yet Gus manages to control the world with them.

Jimmy Olsen and Clark Kent look cute together.

Class reunion takes place in Smallville. Lana Lang has feelings for good ol' Clark.

Chili for breakfast. Listen a little to Mind Over Matters. The blue skies and sunshine beckon to me. Take a walk around First Hill. Here's a view from the top of Freeway Park. The Magnolias are budding like crazy with sunshine.


More walking... I head down to Pioneer Square, over to Uwajimaya, #41 bus tunnel to d'town... Drop off my Swimming Rama from Mae Phim. More walking! I head down Virginia Street towards the Pike Place Market. Look at how many people are enjoying the day! Lots of tourists, for sure.

Mount Rainer says "hi" to Market Park.

This is really April in February!


I don't need a coat. Lots of people wearing just t-shirts and shorts. (Seattlites usually go shirtless at 60°) So, call me a weather geek, but, under these unusual circumstances, I doubt that we're getting any snow this winter. The KOMO weather geeks explain why...

Listen to Rick Steves' program - Dan Austin describes what it takes to be a "Road Trip Pilgrim" It seems to me that we need to take a sense of purpose and mindfulness every time we take a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment