Sunday, June 26, 2011

zondag 26 juni 2011

zondag 26 juni 2011 Coughing wakes me up at 4:48. I can't go back to sleep. Turn on DW-TV. Warum nicht? Report - Berlin Celebrates Christopher Street Day. The weather in Berlin looks nice. Let's wear shorts!

Spicy rice and tofu for breakfast. Listen to WCPT broadcasting live from The Center On Halsted as they get ready for Chicago Pride. The center got a Silver Leed Award. They discuss Recognition of same-sex unions in Illinois. Eat brunch at Duffy's. A Duffy's omelette sounds good. Visit Goethe in the park.
Chicago has 75. Seattle will be at 73. The gay weather gods smile upon us. Stephanie Miller is there with the sexy liberals!

Hal Sparks is streaming live, too. We can feel the energy from Chicago!
Now for Seattle. Hello Rainbow Flag! FLAGS! The parade and crowds on Fourth Avenue is incredible! The people raise up and cheer for AM 1090.




I chat with an Asian couple new to Seattle. One is from Canada. The other is from Idaho. They're heading up to The Cuff already. I hang out with the crowds for a little while. Lots of skin was on display, largely thanks to a contingent of rollerbladers and bicyclists who wore body paint and little else. Pirates, gladiators, cowboys, drag queens, burlesque dancers and Goths mixed together in a colorful swirl of makeup, costumes and platform boots. Members from the local chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union wore T-shirts that read, "I [Heart] civil liberties." And I see signs that say I "heart" NY. I'm tired when I get back to my place. I conk out after dinner and wake up again at 10. Watch movie - Young Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment