Thursday, March 18, 2010

donderdag 18 maart 2010

donderdag 18 maart 2010 Up at 2:50. I listen for a little while to BBC News, but I doze quickly back to sleep. Up again at 5 with the alarm. I forgot to turn it off for my day off. Turn on Stephanie Miller. They talk about Dems’ drive to make the nation’s health care system more efficient and extend coverage to millions of uninsured Americans took on a growing sense of inevitability yesterday, picking up endorsements from a retired Catholic bishop and nuns who broke with church leaders over the bill’s abortion provisions. I turn Steph off after 7:00. Play movie - Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan.
The film starts with the USS Enterprise on a rescue mission to save the crew of a damaged ship in the Neutral Zone along the border with Klingon space when it is attacked by Klingon cruisers and critically damaged. The "attack" is revealed to be a training exercise known as the "Kobayashi Maru"; a no-win situation designed to test the character of Starfleet officers. Admiral James T. Kirk oversees the simulator session of Captain Spock's trainees.


Over to Space Station Regula I - where the device called "Genesis" is being developed by Kirk's former lover, Dr. Carol Marcus, and their son, Dr. David Marcus. David is troubled.

Carol asks him, "What is it?"


David replies: Every time we have dealings with Starfleet, I get nervous. We are dealing with something that could be perverted into a dreadful weapon.

David, played by Merritt Butrick, died exactly 21 years ago from AIDS.


"Lock phasers on target!"



  • To the last I grapple with thee! Note: This quote was spoken as Khan activates the Genesis Device, and then later, he states:
  • No. No, you can't get away. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.


Then BOOM! The Genesis device explodes, and the Enterprise escapes just in time.

It's nice out. Take a walk up to Cal Anderson Park. Shop at Value Village to find some hole-less jeans. Voila! Add a new red t-shirt to the lot. Back down Pike to Kaladi to get some Chamomile tea. Hang out for a few minutes. It's about Noon, and Jeremiah and the V-shirt kid are busy... rather busy. Drop off new stuff at my place. Down to Pike to Sneaker City... to get some new Chucks. I apologize for my hair legs.

I drop by the old Pike Market Child Care Center to see what's up. They say the play ground was re-located to Maxwell's. Hhhh? I have to admit... I miss Pike Place Market. I don't go down there any more. But the smells and the views of Elliott Bay... I love it... especially the Donut Shop. Back at my place... News For All The Gas-O-Holics. Americans! Americans now spend about a $1 billion a day to keep their cars and trucks filled, an increase of nearly $300 million from a year ago. C'mon, America! Get some legs and feet! The most efficient form of transportation is the human body. Walk, America, walk! Spaghetti for dinner. Watch movie - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment