Monday, May 30, 2011

maandag 30 mei 2011

maandag 30 mei 2011 Fell asleep last night with SyFy playing on the TV. Awake with the Twilight Zone - The Fever at 3:30. The guy is yelling at the slot machine. Switch to BBC World. I see that it's already Noon in England. I turn on Time-And-Date to track the Local Time In Stockholm and the Local Time In Reykjavik. I imagine my friends are at the Arlanda Airport. I wonder if they ever tried the very particular smelly dish of Hákarl - "fermented shark." Switch to MSNBC. Richard Liu is mediating a debate between a couple hot-heads. I like your tie, Richard.
Black beans and spaghetti for breakfast. The birds are singing outside which seems to perk Maxine's ears up. Switch to Comedy Central for a Futurama marathon. Down to my place. Eat a big bowl of chili. Turn on BBC News. The president of Fifa gets a little testy at a news conference. Report - Sepp Blatter Denies Fifa Is In Crisis. Take my radio with me on a walk up to Denny Park. Listen to the baseball game - Baltimore Orioles At Mariners. The clouds just don't want to burn off. Will it get above 60° today? Back to #404. Watch the game on the TV in High Definition. Nice! In the 7th inning stretch, they make observances to honor US veterans for Memorial Day. The Ms win it right at 4 o'clock. Mariners hold on to win a game that became a lot closer than it should have been.
Switch to Spike TV to watch a Star Wars marathon which they seem to be running in reverse... Revenge Of The Sith to Attack Of The Clones. My friends walk into the apartment when the Travelling Incognito scene comes on. I expected Maxine to be excited to see them, but she's surprisingly nonchalant. They give me some nice treats from Sweden for cat-sitting. We remember Phoenix... She would have been very meowy for their return. We remember Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment