Saturday, May 28, 2011

zaterdag 28 mei 2011

zaterdag 28 mei 2011 Awake at 6:05 with Glee still playing. Turn on MSNBC. Obama is having a press conference in Poland. They break to the Boardwalk of Wildwood, N. J. People are enjoying the beach and the warm weather on this Memorial Day weekend.
Uff! My coffee is too strong. Hash browns and fried egg for breakfast. Switch to the Cartoon Network. Cool. It's Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Evil Plans. In the middle of a routine shopping trip on Coruscant, C-3PO is abducted by the bounty hunter Cad Bane! Are kids watching this?

Over to the Travel Channel. Watch Anthony Bourdain - Los Angeles. I seem to be visiting places warmer than Seattle through the TV. I enjoy the segment about Thai Town. Tony eats a meal of Thai boat noodles at Sapp.

Meander around d'town on foot and by bus. It's a big sports day in Seattle. The New York Yankees are in town to play the Mariners. Yankee fans are shopping and seeing the sights. I see a variety of NY baseball caps.
More exciting for me: The groups of Mexicans heading down to Qwest Field for the Mexico Vs. Ecuador Soccer Match. All the people wearing their football jerseys and some with flags of Mexico held high... ¡Arriba!
By the time I get back to the apartment, I turn on KUNS - Ch. 29 for the match.

Wow! There are lots of fans in the stands! ¡Ya se armó!
Turn on Comedy Central to watch Superhero Movie. It has only two stars but most of the time I'm laughing out loud. I like the clumsy, Spandex-clad Dragonfly boy.
It looks nice and sunny outside, but I stay inside looking at travel photos. Also, a Star Trek movie marathon is playing on SyFy. I haven't seen Star Trek: The Motion Picture in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment