Tuesday, March 17, 2009

dinsdag 17 maart 2009

dinsdag 17 maart 2009 Up at 2:53. Turn on BBC News. Report - French Face Tough Afghan Reality. I'm awake. I'm not going to just rest in bed. Zap an egg - toast for breakfast. Bath. Walk up to Victrola for some coffee. New - cute - skinny guy on duty. (He's subbing for Chuck.) Hook up to wi-fi. Drop off my Samsung. Walk up Pike. There's Jeremiah in Kaladi. Over to B'way an down Belmont to work. A parent is in the lobby selling Save Hutch Kids buttons - $1.25.

Hutch Kids still needs to be saved. I almost forgot. I put my button on my Trader Joe's tote bag. 11 people are out today. Yikes. I do breaks starting with Gloria. Only 30 minutes to set up lunches. 45-minute lunch breaks for Elaine, Margot and Jessica (who is subbing for Leisha). Poor Andy - He has to cover for his own lunch and his group is not cooperating in this situation. Kyle has a meltdown when Jessica goes on her break. "I WANT MY MOMMY!" I rocked him in the rocking chair. Harlen and Gwen conk out at 1:55... just in time for me to leave. Streetcar to d'town. #194 bus tunnel to Uwajimaya. Get the daily special - garlic pork. #71 bus tunnel back to my place. Turn on The World. I don't really listen - except for Sci-Fi At The U.N. Listen to NPR News. Sad news in Seattle - The Last Day For The P-I In Print. Jobless Rate Jumps To 8.4 Percent. More that 28,000 payroll jobs evaporated from the Washington economy last month, helping to send the state's unemployment rate to its highest level since June 1985. I think that my eyes are going to pop out of my head. Turn on Ron Reagan. He talks about the closing of the P-I.

No comments:

Post a Comment