Tuesday, December 8, 2009

dinsdag 8 december 2009

dinsdag 8 december 2009 Oy! The radiator is noisy. It's clanging, grinding and gurgling all night. It wakes me up at 1:14.

It sounds like a lot of pipes in the building are clanging. I toss and turn all night. Turn on BBC News. Listen to a gruesome report about Nigerian police. Nigeria Police: Issuing Corpses And Denials. Switch to Bill Press. He interviews Frank Rich on his take on Obama's strategy for Afghanistan. He did the Op-Ed: Obama's Logic Is No Match For Afghanistan. Rice and h-b egg for breakfast. Bath. Up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's hot coffee. It's only 22.0 ° Back to my place with my coffee. Listen to Stephanie Miller. They're trying to catch up the news. An Orlando TV station is reporting that a blonde woman was transported to the hospital from Tiger Woods’ Florida home. Geez! It's always something. Drop off Comcast bill at the P.O. Walk up to the Escala. (Does anyone live here?) Let them eat real estate! Can I squat here, please? Streetcar to work. 10 to 11:45 - Planning time for Olivia. Sharyn covers for Kris. We are non-committal about going outside. I just came from the deep-freeze. We get the 6 Seahorses involved with play dough... for at least 30 minutes. 11:45 - my break. 12 - Pam's lunch. Kathy covers for Toni... who's subbing for Teresa. (There are a lot of people out sick today.) 1 - Kenn's lunch... who's subbing for Charmaine. The Sea Otters are sleeping. When Patty starts coughing, Wyatt wakes up concerned. I take him down to the Bike Room. 2 - Patty's lunch. I take Wyatt back to the classroom after some kids wake up. Streetcar to d'town. #71 bus tunnel to Uwajimaya. The store is busy with holiday shoppers. I just want a few things - Sho Chiku Bai, yakisoba, fried onion tofu, baby spinach and Oscar Meyer beef bologna.

Uwajimaya has a great deal on this bottle of sake - $7.49 for a 1.5 liter bottle.

Train back to University. Walk up to my place and drop off stuff. Turn on Ron Reagan. I like Air America On Demand - Washington. It works well for me. I get to hear the weather and traffic in the other Washington. Ron Reagan and author Karen Russell discuss Harry Reid's recent comment comparing health care opposition and slavery. Harry Reid's Slavery Remark: A Dog Whistle To The Republican Base. I'm all done with news and politics for today. Watch movie - a romantic comedy - Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Nothing like starting the day... with a big bowl of Fruit Loops. Um.

Nothing like a vacation in Hawaii to forget your heartbreak. Sure.

At the resort, our hero - "Pete" - is confronted by ex - Sarah - and her new boyfriend, the narcissistic English rock star Aldous Snow (Russell Brand).

I enjoy the scenes with the character Chuck / Kunu - a strange surfing instructor who often forgets people and who is 44 years of age by his own estimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment